Monday, October 29, 2007

Family Photoshoot

So, my wife told me that she was tired of me being behind the camera and there never being any excellent photos of me with my children. So, she put me on a mission to find a photographer I liked and thought did great work. It took me a while, but I found one. . . she is an amazing photographer. Her name is Millie Holloman. She is based out of Wimington, NC. That meant road-trip for all four of us. So, we booked a date with Millie and made the 2 1/2 hr journey to Wilmington. We reserved a room for two nights and decided to make a little family vacation out of it. Millie wanted to shoot us on the beach at sunset, so in order for the kids to get good naps (sleeping in the car is not a good nap for our kids), that meant come a day early.

Our first night in the hotel was unbearable. Lydia, our seven month old little girl, woke up screaming every hour. It was up there as one of the worst nights we have had with our children. Mind you, we are ALL in one room. So, we spent the entire following day trying to recover with as many naps as they would take. But at 4:45 it was time to meet Millie. We all dressed in our white shirts and Khacki pants. Everyone looked beautiful. We spent an hour and a half with Millie. The lighting was incredible, and it was one of the most breath taking sunsets I've ever seen (and I've seen a lot). We took pictures all through it. Millie really got dirty for us. She got down in the sand on her stomach and really tried to get my kids to respond. She did a phenominal job. There is no way she can't have 25-35 incredible images.

Now, I share all this with you, not to highlight my inabilities as a photographer, but to say that I see how far I need to go. Millie is, one of the very best. I'd hope to shoot as well as she does. . . someday. She sets a very high bar. Sometimes, people ask me to recommend other photographers, well . . . she has my recommendation. You can visit her website at www.millieholloman.com . I'll post a link to her blog when she has our pictures up. If you decide to have her shoot anything for you, tell her Craig, from Greenville, sent you.

No comments: