Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Chimney Rock

Recently we were in Asheville, NC. We left Caleb with Gram and Gramps and took a trip with baby Lydia to make some memories with her. I want to make sure Lydia doesn't feel left out being the second child. It gets a little harder with two children, to make each one feel special and appreciated in their own way. I'd forgotten how nice it was to be able to give all my attention to one child. You notice things a little bit better. I noticed her smile more, and how her dimple really comes out. I noticed her feet and the wrinkle of her toes. I was able to really focus on her and not have to worry about where Caleb was. It was a sweet time. It's sad, I know. But, sometimes you have to make a real effort to let your children feel like they have your undivided attention. So, here's a few pics from the trip overlooking the Asheville mountains from Chimney Rock!

It was a breathtaking view! If you look at the left side of the image you can see the flag pole and some tourists at the top of Chimney Rock. That's Lake Lure in the background.






She's a happy baby!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These are gorgeous! Lydia will look back on these one day and feel so special! That one of Chimney Rock would be great blown up and framed....in my house=0)