Thursday, February 7, 2008

Master Your Craft Tour

I just recently went to a seminar in Charlotte held by two of the best wedding photographers in the industry, Bob Davis and Mike Colon. Davis has shot weddings for Tony Parker and Eva Longoria (who sold Bob's photos of their wedding to OK magazine for 2.5 million dollars!), Opera's Legend's Ball and countless others. Mike's wedding photography starts at 20 thousand dollars! Both of these guys are experts in the field of photography and were helpful in sharing their knowledge with everyone. I should also mention they are excellent photographers. They discussed all kinds of things from technical aspects of the camera to lighting and marketing. I really enjoyed it and learned that I have a lot to learn. I am glad that excellent photographers like that make themselves available to others. We even had an Apple rep come out and teach us about their new software called Aperture.

Kenny Kim took photographs of the seminar. Kenny is another excellent photographer and was also willing to share his thoughts on things. Kenny took the following images of the seminar and designed the lay-out beautifully. I thought you might like to take a look.




No comments: