So, on Sunday afternoon I wondered out into the cold . . . very, very cold . . . to do a shoot with my first 'band'. Well, they are actually a quartet . . . a southern gospel quartet . . . but there's eight of 'em. They're called the
Men of Faith. I haven't ever been exposed to a lot of southern gospel music, so I spent some time listening to their music on their website. They are clearly a group of talented guys who passionately sing about their love for Jesus Christ. So, I love that. You should give it a listen. They contacted me to shoot some group and individual shots for their new CD. They wanted something a little rustic and a little bit more 'contemporary'. They pulled up in their own RV and were ready to take some pictures. The RV became a place to get warm between locations and a way for them to change into different clothes for the different locations. These guys were a riot. You can tell that they are great friends and love being around each other. I really enjoyed photographing them. They were excited and willing to try different things to get the good shots. I couldn't remember all their names . . . so I just would point and say "guy in the back . . . guy second from the left . . ." Needless to say they put up with me and were very gracious. I really didn't give them as many breaks from the cold in the RV as I should have. So, if they are sick as they read this . . I'm sorry. They were troopers. Thanks guys, (Daniel, Grant, Donnie, Jeff, Melvin, Samuel, Spencer, and Trey) . . . you were a lot of fun. I hope you like your photos and they find their way to your next CD. I'm just posting my top four fav's . . . but there were a lot of great ones!



3 comments:
These are all really great pictures. I can completely envision any of those on an album cover. I'm sure they must be quite pleased with their options.
Hi! I'm Trey's (From MOF) girlfriend, and I think that the pictures are fantastic! You have such an incredible eye! WOW...Trey will tell you when I first saw these pictures, I cried! They are amazing and you did an excellent job! No doubt it will be a hard choice!!
Great job! I know they are pleased=0) Congratulations on your first "band"!....not the last I'm sure=0)
Post a Comment